September 19, 2005

Monday, 19 September 2005 [6:30 p.m.]:

Hi, Keith.

How are you, best buddy?

It’s a bit hard for me right now – I started doing my polycythemia vera research and it is bringing back so many memories from when you were so ill. Oh, honey, I felt so helpless then – I wanted to fix everything for you and I couldn’t help except to listen and to laugh with you. I had no magic wand to wave and make it all better for you or for me, either. But know that I am keeping me Promises to you just as you asked.

I just checked the time in BC – it’s three o’clock in the morning on Monday so it’s a bit early for that letter of mine to make it into your post office box. I’m all nervous and capricious like a colt in anticipation! And please, please, please whisper in Don’s ear so that he answers me! Just think, the Canadian summer is almost gone and still no word!

Ruffie is being a handful, as all puppies are. Today she dragged the toilet brush into the middle of the lounge (living) room (icky, eh?) and she got into my scrapbooking stuff. Honey, I had all sorts of stuff for your album and she has just wrecked a heap of it. She destroyed a whole roll of expensive double-sided foam mounting tape. I also had three cards of beautiful beads and buttons and things (really lovely stuff) destined for some of your album pages and she has just wrecked them. And she apparently had a good time chewing up some rubber stamps. I am running out of high place to put stuff up on while I go to work.

About work, well, tomorrow might be my last day working at the University – I am seeing the Head of School tomorrow afternoon about my job: it’s either going to be more hours or a higher rate of pay or bye-bye time. It will be ** very ** hard to put aside any money for the trip if I’m not working but I just cannot go on any longer like it is. Graham says that I shouldn’t worry about where I’m going to stay or what I’m going to eat while I’m in BC ‘cuz I always seem to fall on my feet but I’m a little concerned. After all, it’s one thing to bum it in a third-world country but I can imagine that things around Williams and Quesnel Lakes could be quite expensive and, I’m afraid, a tad tourist-y (and there go the prices).

Speaking of prices – petrol (gas) prices are exorbitant here. I know that they are in the U.S., too, so I guess they will be in Canada as well. Here they are blaming Hurricane Katrina – as if the Gulf platforms have anything to do with petrol here. Petrol suppliers really sh*t me. ;-(

OK, hon, back to my initial PV fact-finding mission! Help me out when you can, OK? I know, I know, I know you are 100% aware of what is going on down here and you can help guide us. Oh, speaking of ‘guides’ – I haven’t asked you to say ‘hello’ to your Dad, your Pop and Clayton – hugs all around, OK?

Love ya’ –

- Tiger Woman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home