July 24, 2005

Sunday, 24 July 2005 [2:00 p.m.]:

Hey ya, Keith.

Sorry, honey, but I never got a chance to write you yesterday. Today is lovely and warm like yesterday (but got cold in the night). Temperature between here and Abbotsford is again almost identical (‘cept here it is the middle of the day and there it is a bit after 9 p.m.). Thank God that I’ve got a waterbed with a heater – it is so nice to crawl into at the end of the day.

My news? – Last week I wire transferred some money into my Michigan bank account so I could send some money to Don and Alison (or whoever) for postage for your parcel. I think the last time that I heard from Don was on the eighth of June and he was going to send it when he had some time off (which doesn’t happen very often) and when he was going, I think, down to Vancouver. So I have to be patient – I certainly do not want him making any kind of special trip for me – whenever the parcel comes, I think, will be when it is meant to come. I know that the postage probably isn’t an awful lot but I just want them to know that I appreciate what they have done for me and, by extension, for you. I was pretty up-front in the letter that I sent Don (when am I not? – LOL!) in the hopes that he would have at least a glimmer of understanding me. I find it hard to realise that as close as you and I were that one of your best friends dislikes me as much as he does (not to mention ‘the family’). But I know that Don has his reasons and I respect that 100% - you loved him, honey, and that makes him a special person to me regardless. While he doesn’t know what you said to me, I don’t know what you said to him.

I am hope, hope, hoping that you sent Clayton’s book anyway – I think that after I told you that story about the blanket you would have sent it knowing that I was closer to the centre of things then very many people realise.

I looked your picture with the cub last night and I can see by your eyes and the look on your face that you know. Maybe no one else knows, but you know.

Oh, God, "Rough Boy" has started to play… [LOL! – now "Pearl Necklace" is on. I’m not going to say another word… ] Love –

- Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home