July 21, 2005

early Thursday, 21 July 2005 [12:15 a.m.]:

KD –

Hey, hon, how are you? I was in veg mode today; got a little bit done but then proceeded to watch two videos. [When I should be doing housework, tidying up (our house would drive you nuts) or working on my entry in the painting comp.]

One of the films I watched was "Out of Africa" – ages old, I am not sure if you would remember it. Starred Robert Redford (I have a funny story I will tell you sometime about him) and Meryl Streep (she was so delicately beautiful in it). It was very, very sad and, of course, I cried. You know where I am going with this, don’t you? Yes, it reminded me of us. You like the swashbuckling Denys Finch-Hatton, always the adventuring risk-taker. And me the queen of tragedy who winds up losing it all. Not that we had a relationship like the one in the film, not at all (point taken, Don).

It hurts sometimes to think that you never said goodbye but then I haven’t received your package and I don’t know if you left a letter in it for me or not. You must have been busy in those last days, honey, with so many things to organise. You poor, sweet thing.

You loved me differently than anybody else and I think that is part of the reason that I miss you so. I think that I loved you differently, too, judging from what you said. I get pretty down sometimes and I try to think of you and how you lived your life and the lessons that you tried to teach me and I just hang on. Genevieve and I talked today about you wanting me to be more positive and the reasons why perhaps I find that hard. Rest assured, I am working on your Promises as I said I would.

I’m going to finish here – work is going to be very busy the next few days and I can’t get to bed so late as I usually do. Give Clayton a hug for me and tell your Dad and Pop that this ole Michigander will be on her way eventually and to keep their lines tight in the meantime. I love you, Keith. Stay well.

- Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home