August 14, 2005

Sunday, 14 August 2005 [8:00 p.m.]:

Hey ya, my Keith.

Had a great day today! Graham took me up to Bathurst where there is a well-known racetrack for V-8s (used to race cycles there but it got too dangerous so they stopped the motorcycles). He took me around the track twice and then I got to have a go for two laps!!! It was great! Lots of tight curves and some of them are very steep. When it’s not being used for races it is an ordinary road so today the traffic was two-way so I just couldn’t let it out on the cornering. [Plus Graham’s car is an automatic - ;-( ] But it was a great drive up (we left here at 10:30 a.m. and finished on the track at 2:15 p.m. So I guess it took us about three and a half hours to get up there). All around Bathurst the early lambs had come and the wattle was all in bloom. I saw two kookaburras and I hadn’t seen one in years. Their call is so funny! I’ll stick a picture in with this.

Thought these lyrics are interesting:

Fallen – Lauren Wood

I can't believe it, you're a dream comin' true.
I can't believe how I have fallen for you.
And I was not looking, was content to remain.
And it's ironic to be back in the game.

You are the one who's led me to the sun.
How could I know that I was lost without you?
And I want to tell you, you control my rain.
And you should know that you are life in my veins.

You are the one who's led me to the sun.
How could I know that I was lost without you.
I can't believe it, you're a dream coming true.
I can't believe how I have fallen for you.

I like the "and I was not looking" and "you should know that you are life in my veins" – makes me think of you and me and lyrics from "Stages" ["It's a fine time to fall in love with you, I ain't got a single thing to do. It happened before I knew what was going on. I fell out and knew that I was gone."] and "Follow Me" ["All you know is when I'm with youI make you free and swim through your veins like a fish in the sea."].

Honey, I am really tired tonight and don’t know why. Have to finish up some emails and then I am going to have an early night for a change. BTW - no news from Don yet. ;-(

Take care, sweetheart –

- Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home