July 28, 2005

early Thursday morning, 28 July 2005 [12:15 a.m.]:

Dearest, dearest Keith –

It’s been like a bit more than two days since I have written, KD! Please don’t think that I miss you any less it’s just that there has been a lot on. Warren came over on Monday night very late and didn’t leave until about 3:35 a.m. so of course I didn’t write that night and then the next night I went to bed early (and then I slept like sh*t).

Today I bought a suitcase for the trip! It’s one of the roller ones – nice and big – and it even has a sort of a ‘secret compartment’ which might do well for the jacaranda branches (reminds me – I have to ring the Canadian consulate to find out about agricultural restrictions). I will, one way or another, get those damn things in!

I’ve been a lot happier lately – who knows why – it just sort of happened. But I’ve found out with this grief thing, it’s like the tides in the sea – it pulls away and, after a time, comes flooding back. So I doubt that emotionally I’m going to go scott-free but at least for now I have had a breather from it.

Did I tell you that I finished my entry in the design competition (to design a cover for a corporate annual report)? Well, I finished one entry and tomorrow I’m going to work on a second. I’d like to do some titling tonight but I am just too cold. The days here have been beautiful lately but because it’s been clear it gets quite chilly at night. And we don’t have any sort of a heater except a little fan one in the bathroom. A gas heater with an electric fan was in the house when we moved in and we were looking forward to toasty nights but the damn thing doesn’t work and just takes up space. ;-(

Warren asked me out to his place for dinner on Saturday – nice, eh? And tomorrow, Graham and I are going to grab lunch. You know, here in Australia they really know how to make a hamburger – if you order one with "the lot" (as they call it) you get a toasted bun, meat, lettuce, tomato, fried onions (delicious!), bacon, fried egg, beet (sounds weird but is really good) and tomato sauce (ketchup). No pickle, no mustard, no pickle relish. But if you find the right sort of place, they are excellent.

Going to leave you here, honey. Looking forward to hearing from Don. Got Bon Jovi on right now but listened to ZZ Top’s ‘Greatest Hits’ and ‘Afterburner’ albums twice today on "our" iPod – the one with that " ‘You can never fail if you never quit’ - Keith" engraved on it.

Thank you, Keith, for all the smiles – then, now and to come. I love you…

- Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home