July 30, 2005

early Saturday morning, 30 July 2005 [2:45 a.m.]:

Hey my big old Canuck!

How are you, honey? Look at what bloody time it is! I just finished a long email to a lovely bloke named Stewart who wrote to me. I started the email late because I had gone out to an Eagles tribute show – a band called "The Eagles Experience". They were very, very good. One of the guitarists was positively stellar and there were good vocals, drums and keyboards. They played tons of songs.

The lead singer/guitarist reminded me of you. He was a big guy and his arms (and hands) were covered with tatts. In spite of looking like a bikie, he seemed to me to be the "gentle giant" type – a feeling that I’ve gotten from you, too. Afterwards they invited the audience (about 500 people) to come up and meet the band members and he turned out to be so sweet and polite and respectful – just like you were in that first letter that you wrote to me.

Lots more going on this weekend – Warren has invited me to his house tomorrow afternoon for dinner and on Sunday Graham and I are going somewhere. Oops, I just remembered to put MSN Messenger on (highly unlikely that anyone will be on this late but you never know) and I’ve been waiting for Warren to let me know when he’d like me to show up. Damn, honey, I wish you’d pop up on Messenger – I still have "K" and "fishingfool" up in my list of contacts and I’m not going to delete them. I like seeing them there.

Honey, it’s cold and it’s nearly 3 a.m. and I need to get into my nice warm bed.

Wishing all the best for you and thinking of you constantly. All my love…

- Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home