August 29, 2005

Monday evening, 29 August 2005 [7:00 p.m.]:

Dearest, dearest Keith.

Something that you’d think was so unrelated to you brought you back to me with a bump and a classic LOL moment. I was walking back from Student Admin past a retaining wall. A small skink (a mini lizard – they’re one of the ones that releases their tails when they are threatened) leapt off of the planter at the top of the wall and landed with a plop on the pavement right in front of me – it must have been about a metre (yard) drop. Well, it freaked when it realised that there weren’t any plants to hide under or insects to eat so it kept trying to hide under the arches of my shoes. I was carrying some papers so I tried to scoop it up and put it back with the plants – I eventually got it and I guess it’s happily in the planter still. It was so cute and its body and tail so sinuous I just laughed out loud and thought of you. You always know when to settle me, don’t you. (And just now I went out side to check on Ruffie and even tho it’s 7:30 p.m. and been dark for awhile now, I heard a bird singing - was that you again?)

Well, Warren served me with my walking papers on Sunday morning – I can’t say I’m surprised the way he’s been acting lately. It’s a shame, he has a lot of what I can only call ‘potential’ but he is not very happy inside himself right now. I’d like to help him with that but not sure if I’d be at all welcome. Too bad, there is a really lovely man inside there; I guess the time just wasn’t right.

Graham has been a treasure, though. Did you send him, too, ‘cuz he sure knows how to look after me and keeps it up even though he knows I’ve had a bit of a thing for Warren. For my sake he wanted things to work out when I went down to Picton on Saturday night and for his sake he was hoping that they wouldn’t.

Going to close here – I’ve had a lot of very late nights lately and I hardly slept a wink at Warren’s so I am completely buggered. (And work has been completely insane.)

Missing you, sweetheart, and looking forward to hearing from Don! I might as well just pick up the parcel and save Don the postage. Guess Don would want to get it ‘cuz I don’t think that Alison would want me to rock up to Boxcar Street to get it.

Sweet dreams –

- Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home